Manipulating, gaming, rigging – that’s the nature of VIX talk this week. But before we get to those allegations in this week’s options recap, we cover a few other stories that didn’t get as much press.
The following are stories referenced in this week’s episode of The Spread:
- Gulf Times – China to curb option trades after one bet soared 2,250%
- Reuters – Colombia aims to kick-start oil hedging program – finance minister
- WSJ – Harvard, Hawaii Gambled on Market Calm—Then Everything Changed
- JLN – What’s the Deal With the VIX Manipulation Letter? Inaccuracy and Misunderstanding
- CNBC – Ex-CFTC head Bart Chilton on whistleblower VIX manipulation allegation
- Bloomberg – Flash-Boys Regulation Fight Returns to U.S. Derivatives Agency