If you knew the financial health of your futures broker, would that help you decide which firm to work with? James Gellert, President and CEO of Rapid Ratings, says futures broker ratings could make for more informed retail and professional investors. Gellert explains how ratings of public brokers and voluntary ratings of private brokers would provide transparency for the FCM community and its customers. Rapid Ratings uses dozens of financial ratios, based on audited financial reports, to provide a score for each firm.
In this video, a simple animation and interview with Gellert help explain broker ratings.
Futures Broker Ratings Resources
- James Gellert on MarketsWiki (link)
- Rapid Ratings on MarketsWiki (link)
- “The Collapse of MF Global: Part 2″ – Testimony by James Gellert to the US House of Representatives on February 2, 2012 (PDF) (link)
- Rapid Ratings MF Global Resources (link)
- With final rules, 1.49 and 4.24, the SEC mandated the removal of references to credit ratings on the investment of customer funds (link)
About the series: In the aftermath of the MF Global collapse, fraud at Peregrine Financial Group and high profile high-frequency trading shocks, John Lothian News asks – how do you restore customer confidence and bring traders back?